Rights and responsibilities
- To be treated with dignity as an individual human being and with equal consideration and treatment, regardless of sex, race, religion, colour, economic status, age, sexual preference or beliefs.
- To be provided with professional and respectful care.
- To confidentiality within the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy code of Ethics & Practice.
- To have a clear agreement of how and when we will be working together.
- To be honest, open and willing to share your concerns.
- To give at least 24 hours notice to cancel or change an appointmenttime to ensure you are not charged for the session.
- To ask questions when you don’t understand or when you need clarification.
- To discuss any reservations you have about your future options.
- To talk about any changes or unexpected events relating to your problems.
- To keep appointments or to give at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel or rearrange your appointment.